Monday, January 30, 2012

The Zelda Challenge

Hello, and welcome to Hyrule.

This blog serves one main function - to chronicle my adventures with Link, the protagonist in the Legend of Zelda series.  As a New Year's resolution for 2012, I resolved to complete every Legend of Zelda game that has been created.

I have already completed a few games, but I have a great many to go.

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Bold signifies that they have already been completed.

I am still considering whether or not to play the lesser-known "Link: Faces of Evil," "Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon," and "Zelda's Adventure."  These are licensed by Nintendo, but not really known as part of the Zelda franchise.

Another thing to note:
I am not going to include bonus versions of certain games.  Though I have beaten them, Link's Awakening DX and Ocarina of Time Master Quest are not included, as well as any other extra installment.

This task will be somewhat arduous, as there are several hundred hours of gameplay to still accomplish.  One major problem is that I currently do not have a Wii console, so playing Skyward Sword could prove to be tricky.  Let's hope that tax return is generous!

I'll create a new blog entry for each game that I beat that describes the game and what my thoughts are towards it.  At the end of the year, I will create a new blog entry that will summarize my adventure.

Bring it on, Hyrule!

No comments:

Post a Comment